Home remodeling is an umbrella term that covers any renovation work to a home’s interior. However, few individuals know that 3 different levels of remodeling exist: facelift, pull-and-replace, and full-scale. Each is distinguished by the range of interior updates or replacements it involves. But no matter what your remodeling plans involve, hire a team of reliable home remodeling contractors to ensure that those plans are completed properly.
Monarch Design & Remodeling is the best home remodeling firm in Ashburn, VA. With well over a decade in the industry, our lead designer Gina Simpson and her team of expert contractors can help you create your ideal home design. Read about our past projects in our customer testimonials!
Below, we detail each level of home remodeling then provide some examples of what they involve:
The 3 Levels of Home Remodeling Defined
1. Facelift Remodeling
The first level of home remodeling is “facelift remodeling.” As the name implies, this level involves updating the surfaces within a particular area of your home.
Since this usually calls for minor upgrades and replacements, facelift remodeling runs at the lowest cost of the three options. Nevertheless, it can renew your interior design in subtle ways.
2. Pull-and-Replace Remodeling
The next level is “pull-and-replace” remodeling, which entails fully replacing built-in features within the target area of your home. The changes run deeper when compared with facelift remodeling. Specifically, pull-and-replace calls for newer versions of the same features in largely the same place.
For that reason, it could cost quite a bit more than a facelift remodel but results in a more comprehensive update to your home.
3. Full-Scale Remodeling
Finally, a “full-scale remodeling” is more of a complete overhaul of interior space, at least compared to a facelift or pull-and-replace remodeling. It involves tearing down everything within a particular space in your home (and even in some cases, your entire house) and rebuilding it from scratch.
Of course, this is the most expensive form of remodeling, yet this is done under the condition that you desire to recreate an entire space according to your vision and preferences. It involves shifting and adjusting the very layout of an entire space in an entirely new way.
Steps in Each Level of Home Remodeling
Some examples of facelift remodeling include:
- Upgrading/changing your lighting arrangement
- Replacing bathroom or kitchen fixtures like faucets, sinks, countertops, etc.
- Adding new drawers, shelves, closets, and other storage items
- Repainting your walls with new designs, moldings, and wainscoting.
Though there may be similar updates involved during a pull-and-replace remodeling, there are also a few distinct elements. Here are a few examples of them:
- Replacing appliances within your kitchen or bathroom (i.e. refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, showers, tubs, plumbing, etc.)
- Switching out your carpeting for hardwood flooring, or vice versa
- Changing doorways, molding, wainscoting, and other hallway elements
- Installing new windows, blinds, and curtains
Of course, full-scale remodeling dips into each of the previous two forms of remodeling to some degree, but it also encompasses far more construction and installation. These include:
- Tearing down an interior space (or house)
- Creating a new layout design for the room(s)
- Reconstructing spaces with new walls, lighting, appliances, furniture, and decor, all reflecting a custom interior design tailored to your vision
Monarch Design & Remodeling: Top Home Remodeling Contractors in Ashburn, VA
We hope the above information has helped lay out a clear understanding of home remodeling to help you plan your own Ashburn, VA, home remodeling project. Ensure you work with a team of professional home remodeling contractors like Monarch Design & Remodeling. We are a seasoned group of experts in design and construction with years of experience you can trust. Contact us at (703) 789-3288 to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment with our team today!